INNOVATIVE PRACTICES BEING ADOPTED IN THE SCHOOL
The school believes in exposing students to 21st century ways of learning while breaking away from traditional approaches. The school has adopted various innovative learning techniques in classrooms to give students all-round development and growth besides enhancing their skills and will truly make them future-ready in a way that cramming course material and information cannot.
Here’s a glimpse of some of the innovative techniques that the school has adopted to make learning effective, engaging, and fun.
1. The school has (Audio-visual) AV-equipped classrooms to boost students’ learning and understanding. Teachers explain difficult subject through graphical representation of complex equations with the help of smart-boards. For language learning, the audio-visual equipment is an indispensable tool. Teachers play snippets of award-winning films, plays, and speeches of great orators to facilitate the skills of listening and speaking.
2. Flip Methodology is being to roll the responsibility of learning towards the students and make them active participants of the learning process. Here, teachers relegate to the role of material providers whereas students take the centre stage of gathering concepts, constructing knowledge, and drawing inferences. However, the other significant aspect is that teachers follow it up with a discussion session on the given topic on a stipulated day to ensure students’ participation, seriousness, and overall learning.
3. Implementing Education 4.0 trends in the classrooms. The school has been using and leading in publishing ‘Impartus videos’, making learning easy for students anytime, anywhere. This platform enables automatic audio video recording and distribution of classroom lectures. It helps to work on shortcomings effectively. In this manner students absorb better and increase knowledge leading to ultimate clarity ‘Blended learning’ to our student community through the use of appropriate learning technologies to complement, support and enhance knowledge.
4. We’re encouraging students to gear up their thinking skills and helping them to become pro-active in their self learning. This has been achieved successfully through Flip learning classrooms methodology. Students are confidently are giving their presentations and are becoming more independent in their research, exploring various sites so that they can present their lesson in the best manner.
5. Flip learning provides them with an opportunity to work upon real life problems and Group Discussion. Children should be trained to identify generic of the problem. This way they acquire deeper knowledge through active exploration of real-world challenges. It is a style of active learning and inquiry-based learning.
6. To make learning more sustainable, we have taken dedicated subject weeks for a particular subject. PROJECTS based on Maths, Science, Sst, English, Robotics is given to student. They are responding very positively and are furiously posting videos and pictures of their projects.
7. We are also providing children with an opportunity to stack up on scratch based Programming through CoderZ. It is an online educational environment that improves students 21st century skills, while they are having fun programming their own virtual cyber robot. Since coding can be gamified, kids at an early age can start learning how to code using visual coding interfaces. Programing a virtual Lego robot, with inputs (sensors) and outputs (motors) can give all students the opportunity to get into coding without having any prior knowledge in programming or robotics.
8. Role play brings in the element of entertainment into the classroom. This technique facilitates their understanding and appreciation of the characters that they read about. It’s a great source to instill in children values and ideals. Students are encouraged to have their own version of the characters they are portraying, and enact them with the context of the present times. Through role play, students also get to learn about various aspects of stage performance – from acting to voice projection – and discover their acting talent. This technique also helps teachers explore creativity and critical thinking in students.
9. Peer teaching is one of the most effective strategies to even up the learning curve of a class. Usually, teachers pair students who are high performers with those students who might be struggling in a subject area. Students are also encouraged to volunteer, or are randomly chosen to take over as the subject teacher. It offers a platform of knowledge sharing among students, besides harbouring healthy competition.